Guess what? Am sure, it’s going to interest you to know that you can sell your products on Facebook and make much income online. Moreover, do you have any other channel you sell your product? You can still add up your product on the Facebook marketplace to fetch you more income.
However, post your product on the Facebook marketplace and watch customers streaming in to make purchases for your product and pay online. In fact, not only that, once you sell quality products on the Facebook marketplace, you are as good at stepping up your financial status.
In addition, let’s see some of the qualities of the Facebook marketplace and also some necessary things you need to know about the Facebook marketplace.
- Use the Facebook marketplace for free and with ease.
- It’s not necessary to use a website to advertise your product.
- Use the Facebook app to create a list of your product.
- You are not the only one to sell on the Facebook market. However, it has billions of active users.
If you should add up all the features listed above and combine them with them,
- Do you know that 78 % of US citizens search for the latest products using Facebook?
- And 30 % of customers prefer buying their product on Facebook
- Business owners largely sell through Facebook, statistics show 1- 4
However, with this, am sure you should be thinking about how to create a list on facebook app, its benefits, and all, as it concerns the Facebook marketplace. More so, you can also step up your financial capacity on the Facebook marketplace of which, we are here to help you out. Meanwhile, before we proceed further let’s see what the facebook marketplace is all about.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
The Facebook marketplace is a platform that is programmed for buying and selling goods and services online to enhance e-commerce transactions on Facebook.
In addition, the Facebook marketplace is stage-managed for users to buy and sell their products online. However, use the Facebook marketplace to advertise your product online and get many buyers from all parts of the world, you just need to post your products online and get a buyer within 60 seconds.
Meanwhile, your location, category, and some of your other credentials will be unveiled to your customers. More so, use the Facebook marketplace to get connected to over 27 billion active, monthly users for free.
6 Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
The following below are the benefit you will stand in gaining when you sell on facebook marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace is Safer than Other Platforms
One of the major problems with eBay is its inability to be sincere, transparent, and straightforward. In other words, you can fake your real identity by so doing buyer and seller won’t be able to identify who is a fraudster.
On another way round, the Facebook marketplace has a trusted interface that connects both the buyer and seller to an account on Facebook.
However, identify the true identity of the person by,
- Taking a view of the person profile
- Report any misconduct on the Facebook marketplace.
- Find out for how long the account has existed on Facebook.
- Check previous activity on facebook marketplace.
It’s Free to List an item
You can create a facebook business platform, personal facebook account, and also list an item you will like to post on facebook marketplace for free.
- Insertion fees
- Final value fees
- Non- refundable listing deposits.
Sellers and Buyers can Send Instant Messages to Each Other
The most interesting aspect of facebook marketplace is the immediate messages across the buyer and seller.
- Facebook marketplace customer care services are available at all times.
- Place a demand for food, taxis, and even date with ease.
- Fast to access on the internet.
You Have Better Odds of Making a Sale on Facebook Marketplace
The Facebook marketplace is more preferable and not to be compared to other platforms such as eBay, Craigslist, and so on. However, users can view their marketplace ads on their timelines.
Post your Listing to Facebook Groups
You can get different trading groups on Facebook. However, in each of the Facebook trading groups, there are people that are ready to buy items. Meanwhile, Facebook still allows you to post your list to pertinent trade groups within and without your location.
You can as well list your items in the different ten groups which you are a member of, with your Smartphone.
While you can choose ten at once and still go back to post the ten list one after the other on a desktop.
Facebook creates a Personalized Shopping Experience
When your items are at the personalized shopping experience that means a buyer has picked up interest in your items. This implies that Facebook algorithms don’t just end at your newsfeed.
How to Sell Products on Facebook Marketplace
You can use your mobile app and desktop to create a list on the Facebook marketplace which takes only a minute to be completed and also note that, the process is much longer on other platforms such as, Gumtree, Craigslist, or eBay. However, to sell products on the Facebook marketplace, follow the four steps below.
Step 1: Access
Use your desktop to log on to facebook.com. Then, on the left side of the page, choose a marketplace.
Click on See More and navigate down to choose the marketplace icon. That is if it’s not found on the menu.
However, you can also use your Smartphone to launch your browser and click on the shop front icon on the top side of the homepage.
Step 2: Create your First Listing
Click on Sell Something on the left side of the screen.
A new page will be shown to you to make your option, see for yourself.
- Property for rent or sale.
- The item is for sale.
- Job opening.
- Vehicle for sale.
Also, use your Smartphone to open the app and click on Sell, which is located on the top of the page, and choose your listing type.
Step 3: Fill out Your Listing
- Add your location.
- Add your price.
- Choose the number of available items.
- Add relevant product tags.
- Add a picture.
- Set up your listing keywords.
- Select a pertinent listing category from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the term of the product you‘re selling.
- Delivery/shipping method
Facebook Marketplace Categories
- Clothing & Accessories.
- Home & Garden.
After which, you simply click on Publish.
Step 4: Closing the Sale
You can talk through messenger about your products once a regular customer comes across them online.
However, the payment can be made in BigCommerce or Shopify.
How to Increase your Facebook Marketplace Sales
Implement the following tips to step up your sales on Marketplace.
Do your Research
Make a research in creating your first list to discover the popular products, to get that done; just visit the business webpage and searching for the best seller.
Use Facebook Ads
Find out the popular items to create Facebook ads for your list. However, you can as well use Facebook ads to follow up with a customer that has previously follow your page and bought goods from you.
Optimize your Listing with Keywords
Use the right keywords to rank your listing. However, the search engine optimizer is also used to rank your search result.
Let’s take for instance, that you are advertising an iPhone the buyers would like to know the qualities such as,
- The color.
- The accessories that are attached to it.
- Storage capacity.
- The model.
- And the state of the device.
These are examples of the keywords you should note and add to your listing to rank your result.
Improve your Photos
Take high-quality photos with your smartphone to let your product be visually known all over the world. so, you can be attracted to buyers, all you just need is a well standard background, natural lighting, Presets which you can get free from lightroom mobile on Pinterest, and lastly a tripod with these you are good to go.
Aim for a strong Seller Record
Facebook offers two badges to sellers depending on how their manner of approach towards end-users which are;
- Very Responsive Badge: It is offered to a seller who quickly responds to potential customers on messenger.
- Community Recommended Badge: It’s been offered to sellers who have a higher rank on facebook marketplace.
Include Delivery / Shipping
Include delivery/shipping to enjoy giving your customer a premium service.
However, step up your products by adding a little score to your base price.
Choose the Right Category
Ensure you don’t include your DSLR camera in your listing keywords so that your account will not be terminated entirely out of Facebook and choose the right categories.
Checklist for Selling
It’s easy to create a new list, to get that done, implement the following below.
- Head to Facebook Marketplace: you can see it at the left-hand side of the page via desktop. While it is seen at the shop front icon in mobile.
- Create a Listing: In the options listed, click on sell something. After which, you can now list your products and also include your location, description, picture, and price.
- Optimize your listing: post a pertinent item price tag with a quality image. However, ensure that your lists are in line with facebook marketplace.
- Respond to customer messages quickly: Quickly attend to buyers’ questions and request to quickly sell your items.
Facebook marketplace is a free national platform where you can advertise your items online and of course, attract many buyers with ease.
However, join the Facebook marketplace to step up your e-commerce business with the aids of new customers on this platform and at an affordable price.